Tuesday 2 December 2014

My reading in 2014

Shocked by the fact that book blogger Richard Auffrey read a total of 240 books in 2014, I thought I would present my own meagre haul.

In the first 11 months of this year I managed to read 12 books and 2 graphic novels.

I also read out loud a number of children's books to my daughter, Celyn, including all 13 volumes of Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events!



The books I've read this year are listed below in chronological order (most recent first). Click on each to see my Goodreads review of that book. The short version is that I enjoyed them all.

You'll notice that I took the time to catch up on some very popular books that everyone but me seems to have read already!


Each better than the one before!

Excellent storytelling!

My least favourite Gemmell book!

Great read, very more-ish.

Wonderful to be back with Fitz/Fool.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1031590201

Solid melee-rific tale.

Fascinating re-imagined historical fantasy. 
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/919351586

Understated, beautiful writing.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/916120261

Intriguing start to a huge and complex tale.

An exciting romp, well told.

Weird and wonderful.

Engaging, fun.

My only re-read. Love me some Sandman!





















6 comments:

  1. Considering how Fool's Assassin ended, it's going to be an excruciatingly long wait for the next in series! Thanks for listing these books--there are a few here I haven't seen rec'd before. (Btw, I'm loving Prince of Thorns--just 31 minutes left in the audiobook, with KoT queued up. James Clamp is a wonderful narrator imo, perfectly captures Jorg's insouciance and bluster.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list - more than a few series there I need to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some pretty cool collection of books, some look like fun reads.

    Completely side note, this is the first time in 38 years I've heard of someone else with a name of Celyn. My brother has been lording his now un-unique name over me for decades. That made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about picking up Lies of Locke Lamora for a while now, will have to go for it!

    The new Fitz & The Fool book is great, working my way through it at the moment.

    Loved Name of the Wind as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always fascinates me to see what my favorite authors are reading and to what extent their tastes might match mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading The Name of the Wind as we speak, Fool's Assassin and The Lies of Locke Lamora are already on top of mt TBR list. And I am still yet to read the Malazan series. 600+ books in by Goodreads to-read shelf to read and blog about.

    ReplyDelete