Monday 12 December 2016

From Russia with love...

Here's the break down of my blog traffic today according to the blogger stats tool...


Now, given that only Prince of Thorns is published in Russian. It didn't sell very well. And most Russians can't read English.... One might think that Russians are trying to hack me. In fact other users of Blogger.com report waves of visits from Russian IPs so they're not just picking on me ... but I've never had a clear explanation of what all this activity actually hopes to achieve... Weird stuff, eh?




4 comments:

  1. Curiosity got the better of me so did a quick google. Apparently there is a Mark Lawrence who deals in 'Vodka Politics'! Maybe it's traffic meant for him; unless you have a second career Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiosity got the better of me and so I did a quick google. Apparently there is another Mark Lawrence who deals in 'Vodka Politics'! Maybe it's traffic meant for him; unless you have a second career Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at the map, Jorg's Austrian right? Or Hungarian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's French O:
      Today I painstakingly matched up the clues and cities and locations, and I've concluded that Crath City is in fact Paris. Here's why. Pull out your Broken Empire map (and map of modern Europe) and note these locations:

      Broken Empire | Modern
      ----------------------
      Reams = Reims
      Lion = Lyon
      Man = Le Mans
      River Sane = River Seine
      River Lure = River Loire
      Lux = Luxemburg
      River Rhyme = River Rhine (Germany)
      Ost Reich = Austria

      According to these locations, Crath City would be Paris. I'm shocked too.

      Delete