Tuesday 8 June 2021

My SFF shelves.

 New carpet went down - furniture was moved - and I foolishly reorganised our SFF shelves, which I'd alphabetised ~5 years before and which the forces of entropy had been steadily mixing up since.

Somehow it resulted in me needing to find 4 new shelves, which in turn required me to find homes for a zillion of my own spare titles.

Anyway, I did it! We have 20.8 metres (68.2 feet) of shelving dedicated to SFF books I didn't write. That's not including about 60 books my son's hoarding in his room, or the many children's / YA fantasy books on Celyn's shelves.

Here's a blurry video tour of those 21 metres.



And here are the authors we have 3+ books by

Abercrombie -- 3

Ashton -- 3

Asimov --10

Bancroft -- 5

Brett -- 4

Card -- 7

Canavan -- 3

Colfer -- 6

Collins -- 3

Corey -- 8

Donaldson -- 5

Feist -- 32

Garner -- 4

Gemmell -- 14

Goodkind -- 3

Green -- 7

Gwynne -- 3

Hamilton -- 9

Herbert -- 5

Hobb -- 14

Jemisin - 6

Kerr -- 19

King -- 17

Kristjansson -- 3

Kurtz -- 17

Larke -- 3

Le Guin -- 4

Lore -- 4

Martin -- 6

McCaffrey -- 33

May -- 10

McLean -- 3

Moorcock -- 34

Niven -- 4

Paolini -- 4

Polansky -- 4

Pullman -- 3

Pratchett -- 37

Rothfuss -- 3

Rowling -- 5

Salyards -- 3

Schafer -- 3

Scull -- 3

A.S Smith -- 3

E.E Smith -- 5

Sprague -- 3

Taylor -- 3

Tilley -- 7

Todd - 3

Tolkien -- 7

Weeks -- 3  




Join my 3-emails-a-year newsletter #Prizes #FreeContent 




7 comments:

  1. No sign of wobble in that video :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only three Joe Abercrombie??? How is that possible?

    Also, how does that shelf stay up being so burdened with Anna Smith Spark's infurating gothic teen angst?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only three ... and I've not read any of them :D

      Delete
  3. No Garth Nix either huh? I would recommend reading Sabriel at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say this with the confidence of a man who has watched the video to the point where it reaches the Ns and has seen no Nix. Such a man would, however, be very unobservant...

      Delete
    2. I had to watch it three more times and finally see Abhorsen. For some reason it is very blurry on my computer and looks like a red blob. To not have all of the Old Kingdom series is a tragedy though. No matter, I must say I love your work and your book shelves.

      Delete