Friday 28 June 2013

The David Gemmell Legend Awards

It takes 3 clicks 
i) HERE
ii) beside the book you want to win
iii) at the bottom of that page on the 'vote' button


So, the David Gemmell Awards are the only awards I bother to mention. 

And I mention them because I approve of the public vote, and because I support them as a memorial to David Gemmell who is one of my favorite fantasy authors, was a very interesting man, and died too young.

Also...


                                                                      ... the prize is a big fuck-off axe. Even the finalists get little big fuck-off axes. How cool is that? Actually, scratch the '?' - it's cool.

So, King of Thorns is listed, but cunningly did not appear on the list until nearly a week after the big burst of launch publicity for this year's award. So we're playing it hardcore this year - who needs those early-bird votes? Right?

Now in case you're thinking 'Mark doesn't really need my support', last year in the Gemmell Morningstar Award...

So I clearly have a lot to learn about getting the vote out!

Also - there are some huge names on the Legend Award list which is open to everyone (the Morningstar Award is for debuts).

So - three clicks is all it takes:

i) HERE
ii) beside the book you want to win
iii) at the bottom of that page on the 'vote' button


THANK YOU


14 comments:

  1. Voted :)

    David Gemmell was an amazing author. I just read Legend for the first time last year and couldn't believe how good and modern it looked, having been written in a time where most books were really typical run-of-the-mill fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voted ! Smash their fuckin' skulls !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my vote, though I do admit, there are quite a few decent reads on the ballot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voted for... you of course! Can't wait for EoT! Preordered it for Kindle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Voted!

    Say, Mark... If you win, you WILL take a picture for us brandishin that super cool fuck-off axe, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read a few on the list, but I voted for you. I think I'm on it next year, so this may be your last opportunity... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @travisrgriffin29 June 2013 at 02:59

    Got it taken care of, sir. Don't let that unimportant career in scientific development that helps the human race prevent the really important thing, my entertainment, from continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted .. for you and posted about it on my blog Edi's Book Lighthouse.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for you Mark, and I want that axe for skull splitting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Voted. Late but did it. I was unwell. :) That's my excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. DUUUDE, like, REALLY DAAANg, in my defence im from a third world country and internet suks ass over here at mozambique so id just fleet between posts, until... a new ISP came and EXELCIOR!!! they give unlimited data plans... from now on no matter what count on my vote... JORG FOR PRESIDENT/WORLD OVERLORD

    ReplyDelete
  12. My vote has gone in the pot for you Mark!

    ReplyDelete