Monday 19 December 2016

My readers' best books of the year!

On ThatThornGuy Agnes ran a contest for a free signed copy of The Wheel of Osheim. All you had to do to enter was list your 5 top reads of 2016.

There were 137 comments and I've done a quick run through to see what came up most often.

Note this wasn't limited to books published in 2016.

Unsurprisingly my books featured heavily and I won't include them except to note that The Wheel of Osheim came top :)


Mark Lawrence Readers' top books of 2016

(The Wheel of Osheim, duh, 50 votes)

Blood Mirror - Brent Weeks (13 votes)

Senlin Ascends - Josiah Bancroft (10 votes)

The Vagrant - Peter Newman (7 votes)

The Skull Throne - Peter Brett (7 votes)

Arm of the Sphinx - Josiah Bancroft (7 votes)

The Name of the Wind - Patrick Rothfuss (7 votes)

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch (7 votes)

Saint's Blood - Sebastien de Castell (6 votes)

Promise of Blood - Brian McClellan (6 votes)

Morning Star - Pierce Brown (6 votes)

& on 5 votes: The Warded Man - Peter V Brett, Bands of Mourning - Brandon Sanderson, Best Served Cold - Joe Abercrombie, Half a War - Joe Abercrombie.








3 comments:

  1. The Wheel of Osheim, The Skull Throne, and Saint's Blood all made my list this year. The Name of the Wind I read (and enjoyed) years ago, but I still have yet to give The Lies of Locke Lamora a read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delighted to be on the list and in such great company! Thanks for posting this, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I say I agree with all except the last by Pierce Brown, he had great writing, amazing world building and a few powerful characters but his ending dropped the ball a bit for me. Maybe Golden Son should be taking Morning Stars place in this. The Emperor of Thorns book will always be my favorite though, I'm sad its not on the list.

    ReplyDelete