Friday 23 December 2016

To Be Read

In 2015 I read 12 books. In 2014 about the same.

This is a pile of books that have been sent or given to me recently. Some from previous years have fallen off the stack unread as I realize that I will never get to them.

(click photo for detail)

It has 13 books in it!

And, of course, I don't want or intend my whole reading year to be decided by obligation. I will read books that I've heard a lot about, that friends or family recommend, or that just plain grab my attention for whatever reason. I will also re-read some old favourites.

All of which is to say that even these books stand a good chance of not being read by me despite my best intentions.

This post exists for two reasons. Firstly, general interest. Secondly, so I can point in its direction the next person who wants to send me their latest book.

I wish I was one of those people who can read a hundred books a year. But I'm not.






No comments:

Post a Comment